user Permission Setup
Step 1: Setup Inventory Lab Permissions
Share “listing access” in InventoryLab by simply adding a sub-account with list-only privileges. This allows us to create new shipment batches, label items quickly, and upload shipments and box content information to Seller Central. NOTE: InventoryLab only allows one seller account per email login. We don’t have an email you can use, so you will have to create one of your own if you don’t already have a second email account to use for the sub account.
If you already have an InventoryLab sub-account for prep centers that you want us to use, please email us the username and password for it to firstname.lastname@example.org and skip to Step 2: Setup Seller Central below. Otherwise follow these steps to create your own sub account for us to use:
1) To begin, you may either create a new email account (with Gmail for example) or use a second already existing email account of yours to be used exclusively for sub-account access to InventoryLab. We do not need access to this email account and it is only tied to your seller account.
2) Next, create an InventoryLab sub-account by following this guide: https://support.inventorylab.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002501534-Video-Adding-a-Sub-Account. Use the email account you chose in the prior step for this account.
3) Add this as an InventoryLab employee: https://app.inventorylab.com/account/employee. Check the box “List” under Inventory Lab (top-right of screen) > My Account > Employees > Edit. Go into the email account and click the activation link. Enter the password you’d like to use. You may then add our street address with your Amazon store name to your Ship From address: Inventory Lab (top-right of the screen) > Settings > Shipping Information > “+ Add” button. Our address is available in your client portal on our site along with additional instructions and tips.
4) Email us at email@example.com with the sub account’s username and password.
Step 2: Setup Seller Central
You’ll need to give us access to ship by granting us Seller Central sub-account access. Amazon’s Seller University user permission video can be found here: https://youtu.be/r5jZ1rOfw34
1) In Seller Central, click “Settings” (found at top-right of the screen) then “User Permissions”.
2) Under “Add a New Seller Central User“, add the email “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click “Send invitation“.
3) We will accept the invitation when we get the invitation email from Amazon. Then we will email you afterwards to let you know to proceed.
4) After we accept the invitation, you will be able to select the level of permission granted. To add user permissions, log back into Seller Central and go to User Permissions (hover over “Settings” then in the drop-down menu click “User Permissions”. Click “Manage Permissions” for Prep Ninjas. Under the Inventory section, change the buttons to “View & Edit” for “Manage FBA Inventory / Shipments”, “Manage Inventory/Add a Product“, and “Upload Inventory” then click “Continue” at the bottom of the page to save.
Step 3: Verification
We will ensure we have access to each account and let you know if we run into any trouble or if all went well. We will then be set and ready to process products and you can start sending products for us to process.
Day to Day:
Once you’ve made an order that is shipping to us, go to Inventory Lab and create a new batch with preliminary quantities. Simply leave it as an open batch. Then, complete an Order Notification Form. You can access this from your Client Portal. You’ll be able to see the shipment right away on your Client Portal.
Once we receive your shipment, we will change the status to “Received”. We process shipments in the order we receive them. Once we begin to process your shipment, we will change the status to “In Progress” and once we’ve finished, we will change it to “Shipped – Payment Pending”.
If we run into a problem while processing your shipment, we will change the status to “Hold/Attention Required”. If we require your assistance in resolving the issue, we will send you an email. Once resolved, we will change the status as appropriate.
If you have any problems or questions along the way, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or use the chat on our site. You can call or text us at +1(541)514-8394 during business hours (9a to 5p US Pacific Time). We also highly recommend you go through the Seller University in your Amazon Seller account if you haven’t already. https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn/